Brian



Spiritual Mind Treatment (simply called “treatment”) is a form of affirmative prayer used by Dr. Ernest Holmes, founder of Religious Science and author of The Science of Mind as well as many other metaphysical works. Holmes taught that there is a scientific reasoning underlying all prayer, and that through this process of reasoning we are treating our own mind about the subject of our prayer.
Prayer, whatever form is used, does nothing to God. It actually brings the one praying to a “realization” of God, a realization that all is well and that he/she is not alone in dealing with the situation. This realization in itself does the “healing.”
Treatment consists of five steps. It can be done individually or as a group. In the beginning, you may find it easier and more comfortable to simply read the steps as written, generic as they may be.
When you begin your own deepening process as the result of treatment, you will find value in wording each step yourself so it more closely suits your situation. Therefore, at the beginning of each step is an explanation of its purpose.
The power of prayer has been known to humanity since the beginning of time. Each of us has found our own ways to experience and express our connection to that “something” which is greater than our daily events and challenges. Spiritual Mind Treatment is one of those many ways. You are certain to find it effective and uplifting.
Step 1 - Recognition
In the beginning, God, Begin by recognizing that “God is all there is,” including the issue of the prayer. Name as many attributes of God that you can think of to begin “treating your mind” that there is a power greater than you are and greater than the issue at hand. Remember: You are not making God these things; you are reminding yourself that this is what God is. You might say:
God is. Whatever I may call It - Spirit, Infinite Intelligence, Divine Love, Total Peace - It is always the same: It is timeless, changeless, everywhere present and completely powerful to heal and renew me and this situation in my life. It is courage and pure joy. It is profound peace and uplifting laughter. It is total wisdom and the spontaneity to enjoy life.
Step 2 - Unification
It is easy to recognize that God is all these things. And it is often more difficult to see your unity with God and know that you are those same attributes. You are “made in the image and likeness of God.” How can you be anything but the magnificence, power, love, etc. that you have just declared God is?
God and I are One, I know that I am infinite intelligence, deep peace, unconditional love, courage, harmony and joy. I am what God is. God is expressing through me right now in every way. I have all answers within with God as my source. Every cell of my body is God, every situation is God, every thing in my life now is God.
Step 3 - Realization
The first two steps are often compared to meditation. When you have experienced a richness and a deepening as a result of the first two steps, the third step is a declaration of the Truth you have realized. It is always worded in the first person and in the present tense. You are not asking for anything. You are declaring and affirming that it is the Truth and is already done.
Remember, you are treating your own mind about this. The entire Kingdom has already been given to you. If you don't believe it, God can’t do anything more for you. If you are doing this treatment for someone else you substitute their name where yours is indicated.
I now speak my word for myself.
The Truth of God is the Truth of my life. I easily and effortlessly know my greater good, know it is my Divine right and the truth of my being to experience the highest and best good for myself. I am always in the right place and the right time. The Wisdom of God within me guides my every move. I experience unconditional love flowing through me at all times. I feel the perfection of God in every cell of my body. I am total harmony and joy in every area of my life. I see God in every situation in my life.
Step 4 - Thanksgiving
Here you express your gratitude for the successful completion of your declaration of Truth and for your willingness to see it, believe it and surrender to its enfoldment.
I give thanks for the realization of this treatment and the perfect working of the spiritual law which responds to my thoughts and words. I am confident and joyous that my good is already unfolding through me as me.
Step 5 - Release
It’s time to release it to Spirit. You’ve done your work; now know the Law will do it’s work - through you.
In this feeling of gratitude, I release this treatment to the Law. I know it was done before I even asked. I release any doubts or fears and simply allow it to be my good-right now. I have declared it to be so.
And So It Is!
0 Responses

Post a Comment